Share this Post
Content For Your Business Strategy
Search engines love original and unique content because it helps online searchers find answers to their questions. However, creating great content often requires a significant investment of time and resources.
If you are a small business owner then your time and resources are precious, so you should take every step you can to maximize your efforts. Content is no different because it often involves the time it takes you to compose, design, edit, and publish it on your site, along with a lot of research.
You already know the needs of your customers, and great content can help you drive traffic and boost sales. Every piece of content you create can assist you to get new leads achieve your company goals, whether you intend to increase traffic to your site or earn more authority backlinks.
Repurposing Content Gets The Most Value
One way you can get the most value out of your time and energy with content creation is the repurpose high-quality content in other mediums.
Repurposing content gives you the ability to breathe life into old posts, drive value from your top-performing posts, and also make the most out of all of your thoughts. There are many ways you can do this, including:
- Combine a series of blog posts into an eBook.
- Create a video to explain a new angle from an existing blog post.
- Design and infographic to further reveal video content or other ideas from existing blog posts.
- Develop a podcast to share additional thoughts on a topic that your audience is interested in.
Rather than coming up with and researching thoroughly themes that are new, you can rework existing items by the addition of updated info from what you created. This can help get your content in front of new people. Also it can help you maintain a regular program of discussing information that is new without starting from scratch.
Repurposing Content Helps You Reach A New Audience
Your customers are diverse, and the way they consume content can differ. This means that you should look for ways to produce content that utilizes different mediums that appeal to segments of your customers.
Not everyone prefers the same mediums as it pertains to taking in content. For instance, reading data is favored by some folks, though others would rather see a video or listen to a podcast.
You can expand your reach and engage more people, by reformatting your content using various platforms.
Appropriately Repurposing Content Is Great For SEO
Along with improving consumption for your customers, search engines love repurposed content because it provides new ways to reach your audience. You can focus on new keywords, topics, and ideas in repurposed content that you did not address in prior content.
You might have more great opportunities to target a particular keyword, when you create several pieces of content in regards to the same topic. This means that your company has a much better chance of appearing in search results when users search for those words and phrases.
How Can You Identify Content That Can Be Repurposed?
Now that you know how repurposing content impacts your customers, business goals, and SEO strategy, let’s take a look at some ways to identify content that is primed to be repurposed.
- Review your blog posts and site pages, and use your content that is most famous to be found by Google Analytics.
- Choose evergreen content—pieces which are timeless and high quality. It can provide value to readers for months or years into the future and ’s a good thought to update content that always stays applicable.
- Do you have something else to say on a subject? Did you miss anything in your original post? Can there be new data or information considering that the time you printed the post? If so, it’s for repurposing, perfect.
Check out our next SEO Site Clinic Meetup if you want to learn more about how to repurpose content for your business. Our team of experts will provide you with real-time insight on how you can improve your website today!
Share this Post